The Friedman Study Center at the Sciences Library offers general table seating and soft seating on the A Level and Mezzanine Level of the building.
Effective Monday, July 19, due to the lifting of COVID-19 restrictions on campus, seat reservations will no longer be required in the Rockefeller Library, Sciences Library, nor the Willis Reading in the John Hay Library. You are welcome to come and study in the Library during open hours. Beginning July 1, 2021.
- Seats in the open areas of the Sciences Library may be booked for 120 minutes (2 hours) per individual. Back-to-back bookings by a single individual may be canceled. Daily limits are aggregated across the Brown University Library buildings.
- After 30 minutes, no-show reservations will be canceled.
- You may book up to seven (7) days in advance, but all reservation requests should be made 24 hours ahead. Walk-up reservations can be made on the same day based upon availability using kiosks at the library entrances, or via your mobile device.
- Group study rooms are not available for reservation at this time.
- Food is not permitted in the Library at this time, but personal water bottles are.
- While you cannot begin a reservation in a red time zone, you may begin a reservation at 8pm that will continue until 9pm.
You have reached the end of the bookable window. No availability will be shown past this point.
Available Your Booking Unavailable/Padding